Now that the Cobblestone is finished, I've been thinking about the next BIG project, and have decided on the Sunrise Circle Jacket, by Kate Gilbert. It's in the Spring 2006 IK, the one recent issue that I don't have, but it's downloadable for free from Knitting Daily - which I just did. Since I'm going up to Northampton on Sunday for the Yarn Harlot, I can look through Webs' vast inventory for just the perfect yarn. I'm planning on finding something spectacular and absolutely perfect on sale, of course. And I'll get Stephanie's newest book, too. With the price of gas now almost at $3.60, this trip will probably cost a fortune, but well worth it. After all, it's knitting!
A friend of mine recently bought a "Knitting Nancy" for her grand-neice to try out. This is the same thing we used to make with a wooden spool and 4 nails. It makes a long round chain. Wouldn't you know, we had the hardest time trying to figure out how it worked - the directions that came with the gadget were useless, so we gave up trying to follow them and just worked by instinct and memory. We also found a crochet hook would be a lot more useful than the metal stick on a handle that came with it. And this toy cost over $20 too. Granted, it was cutely painted, but I told my friend that maybe we should just stick to the good old spool and nails.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment