Thursday, April 10, 2008
Live With It!
I've been reading other folks' blogs this afternoon, and some of my favorites write reams of funny and interesting thoughts, on and on about this and that. Somehow I can't do that. I find it hard to write a non-trite sentence or two on a birthday card. I've often wondered how someone could write a novel - how do they think up all those words? And writing a self-help book - insane. I could probably say everything necessary in one paragraph, or even one sentence - something like "get over it!", or "so stop doing that if it makes you unhappy". D2 is a writer - she wrote a wonderful magazine column for a few years - so where did that come from? D1 writes well too when she gives it a chance. Anyway, this blog is probably going to turn out rather boring, except for maybe a nice picture or two once in a while. So Live With It.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the differences of the different blogs that I read. I like yours because it is succinct and to the point. Sometimes I like rambling, and sometimes not. Sometimes I read blogs that I'm not sure what they're writing about! You just write what you feel when you want to. That's the beauty of blogging -- there are no rules except the ones that you make for yourself.
Though my childhood ambition was to be an author, I later realized I don't have much to say. I'm also amazed at how writers can come up with what they do, especially stories with many pieces that somehow are all woven together by the end of the book.
Post a Comment