I have a lot of little projects in mind, but I don't know yet what the next BIG one will be. Here's a little project I just started last night. At Show-and-Tell at the Knitters Guild meeting last week, Pat showed this scarf, and I just fell in love with it. I've been looking half-heartedly for a pattern for a neckerchief-type scarf, but all the ones I've seen have a straight-across top, like a real triangle. This one has a curved top edge, so it will fit around your neck without bunching up in the back. Anyway, I asked her for the pattern, and she kindly mailed it to me, so here's my first few rows.
And by the way, I have already frogged this three times, before I finally got the pattern down in my mind. It's really easy - I just kept doing it wrong.
And this is how the striped scarf is coming along - a friend of mine really likes it so she may be getting it as a surprise gift.
This is under the Small World of Coincidences category - I was just talking this morning with D2, who lives in Los Angeles, about the AARP magazine cover of Jamie Lee Curtis, and how great she looks with her grey hair and honest wrinkles - no haircolor or cosmetic surgery for her! And D2 just called me and said: Guess who walked into my needlepoint class this afternoon? Yes, Jamie Lee Curtis! And she really does look great just as she is. Simple chic.
2 comments:
Congratulations- Cobblestone is finished and looks great on your husband. So nice to have an appreciative recipient.
The lacy backgrounds for your scarf photos are lovely - from your shop?
While I admire Jamie Lee Curtis, this AARP thing made me mad. First of all the woman is not even 50 yet; second, I don't see AARP running to grab a 'legitimate' AARP female - say 70 or over - to pose nekkid in all her true wrinkly gray saggy baggy glory. My husband reminds me that this wouldn't sell magazines like JLC.
Jamie Lee's looks and attitude (even though she's only 49) are a step in the right direction. AARP could feature other celebrities, (and has done), all well over 60, such as Priscilla Presley, Barbara Walters, Joan Rivers, Joan Collins, and others who are so obviously doing everything possible to look young again. I wish I'd had a role model like JLC when I was 50 - I might have been more secure about looking my age.
Post a Comment