Friday, April 11, 2008

Sweaters and Feet (One of Each)

It was Show-and-Tell at the RI Knitting Guild meeting last night. I had planned to have the Cobblestone sweater finished by then, but due to some unexpected frogging, that didn't happen. I brought it anyway and got some good comments about it. New member Marva wants to make one for herself so she was able to see the construction. This is the second sweater I've made recently (first being the Napoli by Norah Gaughan for myself) that has what I'm going to call "interior construction", sweaters that are knit mostly in one piece with circular needles, short rows and increases/decreases in interesting places. This is quite different from the way I've always made sweaters - knit a front, a back, 2 sleeves, and then sew them all together. I'm really liking the new way - it's more of a challenge and I like the way it enhances the fit. Here's the cobblestone so far - hopefully the next post will show Hubster modeling it.


So then I came home from the meeting and what did I find? See below.


This is Hubster's left foot, complete with bracey-shoe-thing. He broke a long bone in his foot, and would you believe it was because he was jumping up to swat a bug on the ceiling. He's now supposed to be resting his foot and walking with crutches, but of course he isn't taking that good advice. I warned him I was going to post this picture, but I don't think he reads my blog posts. Probably a good thing.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Your Cobblestone is beautiful and I'm glad I got to see it in person. Sorry about your husband's foot. The sweater should be some consolation at least!