I bought some wonderful yarn - PUR, by Shoppel Wolle - because I thought it would be perfect for an entrelac scarf. I've been wanting to make something using entrelac for a while. After the first row of squares, I decided the yarn was a little too heavy for a scarf, but I found the technique very interesting, although pretty time consuming and not for TV-watching. I also practiced knitting backwards - thanks to a lesson from Debbie at another Guild meeting. I actually remembered how to do it, and it saves a lot of time with entrelac. So the scarf was frogged, and now the PUR is going to be for a mitered squares pillow.Thursday, February 23, 2012
Three New Techniques for Me
I learned the magic loop technique from Audrey at a Guild meeting a couple of months ago, and thought I'd better practice it before it completely left my memory. This is a holder for those cardboard cups of coffee I'm always buying before I head for work at the antique shop. I struggled with the first couple of rows, but it turned out to be really easy, except that the join on these circulars is not very good so I was always having to push the last couple of stitches over it. Thanks, Audrey - I will continue to use this (with better needles).
I bought some wonderful yarn - PUR, by Shoppel Wolle - because I thought it would be perfect for an entrelac scarf. I've been wanting to make something using entrelac for a while. After the first row of squares, I decided the yarn was a little too heavy for a scarf, but I found the technique very interesting, although pretty time consuming and not for TV-watching. I also practiced knitting backwards - thanks to a lesson from Debbie at another Guild meeting. I actually remembered how to do it, and it saves a lot of time with entrelac. So the scarf was frogged, and now the PUR is going to be for a mitered squares pillow.
I bought some wonderful yarn - PUR, by Shoppel Wolle - because I thought it would be perfect for an entrelac scarf. I've been wanting to make something using entrelac for a while. After the first row of squares, I decided the yarn was a little too heavy for a scarf, but I found the technique very interesting, although pretty time consuming and not for TV-watching. I also practiced knitting backwards - thanks to a lesson from Debbie at another Guild meeting. I actually remembered how to do it, and it saves a lot of time with entrelac. So the scarf was frogged, and now the PUR is going to be for a mitered squares pillow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you so much! Glad you're now a "magic looper"! I love our guild with the inspiration of such talented knitters, not to mention the new friendships.
Post a Comment