Friday, December 30, 2011

A Tale of Two Sweaters

Carol was wearing the "Vitamin D" sweater at the November Guild meeting, and I loved it. I found the pattern on Ravelry and got some superwash DK wool in lovely shades of blue. It's fun to knit, as you start with 40 stitches at the back of the neck and build from there. This is my living room knitting. The "Three-in-One Split" sweater is my office room knitting. The light is better in there, and it's a little difficult working with the three different yarns - one row of each - and the knit/purl pattern only shows up on one side. I need a strong light to knit this sweater, as the two novelty yarns tend to obscure the bumps of the ribbing. I'm using four stitch markers and that helps.

This Noro scarf is actually finished, but I don't have a photo. I thought this was working out too wide, so I ripped it out and made it 8 stitches narrower. I used the whole skein and the scarf is well over six feet - nice to wrap twice around the neck. This is a pattern I got from Pat, also at the Guild meeting - it's the "One-Row Scarf", and I really like the pattern. But I'm not crazy about Noro. This is the Taiyo blend of cotton, wool and some silk, and it's rather heavy - I think the right word would be clunky. Happy New Year and Happy Knitting, everybody.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Carol's sweated was lovely. I saw it again when she and I attended a knit- in at Eneri Knits. (Great store!)
Happy New Year to you too, Sherill!