Friday, December 16, 2011

Weekend with the Indiana Family

I spend a long weekend in Indianapolis, visiting son Barry and his family. Grammie always brings a game to play - this year it was Hens and Chicks. Olivia and Sam are concentrating on the next move, while friend Emma looks on. We went to a hockey game - the local Indiana Ice versus a team whose name I can't remember. I actually had fun, and someday I might finally know what they were doing besides just skating around seemingly at random and passing the puck back and forth. (Yes, I know the point is to get it past the goalie.)Here's Barry and Sam in their Scout uniforms - it was Scout night at the game. Barry is Cub-Master. And we went shopping, all the way down to Cincinnati. This is the coolest building in Indianapolis. It's Victorian in the front, Deco in the middle, and a cruise ship on top. Knitting - why yes, I did. I worked on this scarf - made it too wide the first time, ripped it up and made it narrower, ripped it up and tried a different pattern, decided the second version was the best and ripped it up again. It's almost finished now

No comments: