Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A First Look at Turkey

This photo was taken by our tour leader, Alexander, just before we all boarded the ferry to take us from Rhodes to Marmaris, Turkey. This is the catamaran ferry - a two-or-three hour trip to Turkey.The following photos were taken from the coach on our travels from Marmaris to Kusadasi. The white buildings in the center of this photos are a village clustered in the valley.I don't know how people approached this lovely house, high up on a cliff. A larger Turkish town, not sure which one (Marmaris?). Clouds of dust from the bulldozer on top of the narrow ledge - looked very dangerous. Roadside scenery. I love the look of these sleek white wind turbines.We saw acres of these, which I'm assuming are tobacco sheds.We saw quite a few of these outlets, with customers coming in by bus. All the familiar name brands.

1 comment:

Al said...

Hi Sherill,
Another visit to your blog check out the latest photos you have added from your trip. I thought about starting a (woodworking) blog to document the design and work on a large built-in bookcase I am building for a friend in Enfield. The bookcase is about 75% complete and the blog now resides in the land of good intentions...
All the best,
Al