Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Adventures with Vitamin D

Vitamin D is the (unexplained) name of the cardigan presently on my needles. I loved the pattern when I saw another Guild member wearing it, and I like to knit these kind of structured garments. But I can't seem to do it without ripping it up more than once. So far, I've had to frog large sections of this one.

It's worked top-down and I got as far as the arm split and a quarter of the way down the first sleeve when I thought it might be a good idea to try it on. Conclusion - armholes too tight. So I ripped back the sleeve and put another couple of inches around and tried it on again. This time it fit better, but I noticed I'd make a mistake in the sixth row of yarn-over increases in the back. Could I live with this? Not me! So I ripped up a good two inches around of the whole thing, fixed the mistakes, knitted some more rows, noticed another mistake in the yarn-overs, ripped back again and knitted back up. The yarn-overs still are still a tiny bit uneven but really no-one but me or another compulsive perfectionist knitter will ever know. I can live with it.

1 comment:

audrey friedman said...

vitamin d because the yarnovers create rays of sunshine!