Friday, May 4, 2012

Cute Little Hoodie

I made this hoodie in just a few days. It's a special gift for the daughter and son-in-law of a very good friend, who just adopted a baby girl. The pattern is a free download from the Lion website and I plan to make more - I love the way it turned out, and with a minimal of finishing. (The front edges really do match - I need to block it a little more).
I did make a couple of changes - I made the shoulder decreases to lean right and left, instead of all left, and I did a three-needle bindoff at the top of the hood, instead of binding the whole thing off and sewing it together. I also changed my mind about the yarn after doing one and one-half sleeves, and switched to this peppermint candy pink color which is great - baby, but not too baby, if you know what I mean.

No comments: