Monday, May 7, 2012

The Gypsy Life, Sort Of

Tomorrow morning, I'll be getting up at 4:00 AM in order to get to Brimfield for the 6:00 AM opening time. That's the giant Brimfield Flea Market that I'm talking about, held for a week three times a year with literally thousands of dealers in about a dozen fields. My show partner Janice and I have already arranged all our goodies in our rented tent in the Central Park field, and hope to sell out (an impossible dream).
This picture was taken a couple of years ago - multiply this scene by about a thousand and you'll get an idea of the size of the market.This was our tent area also a couple of years ago - we have a larger tent this year, which is great because rain is predicted so all our treasures will be under cover. So wish me luck - I'll be there for the next six days.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Have a great time! Maybe my husband and I will make it there this weekend.