Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Great Rhode Yarn Crawl

Last weekend was the annual Great Rhody Yarn Crawl. A dozen or so yarn shops in Rhode Island participated with raffles and special sales. I visited five of the shops - my favorite was Eneri, not only for it's nice stock of yarn and other knitty stuff, but because they had cookies and coffee too.

On Sunday, the Yarn Crawl festivities ended at the historic Slater Mill in Pawtucket (photo below), with more raffles (tickets based on the number of shops visited), and sales booths. Unfortunately for me, the person supposed to be supplying coffee (and maybe goodies?) didn't show up (big mistake!). The busy scene inside the Mill. These were the raffle prizes. No, I didn't win anything (so sad).

Here's what I bought. I bought the silk "hankies" from this woman, who very sweetly showed me how to pull them apart and knit with them. Her business name is "Play at Life", which I love, and I love the soft colors which I chose. And I couldn't resist buying something (anything!) from a booth with this name! I got the purple sock yarn here.
I bought the funny little mirror from Stitchy McYarn Pants, who writes a very funny blog and cute books.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I missed both the guild meeting and the GRYC as we were away. Maybe next year I'll finally make the Crawl.
Eneri is one of my favorites too. It's close to my house; great yarn selection; and Irene (Eneri) is so nice. I've been there several times for sit'n'knits. She always has goodies and tea for us!
I love the hankie colors- will it be for socks? Is the mirror knitting-related?