Hubster's daughter Debbie (I guess that makes her SD1) was with us for Christmas. Here we are on Christmas Eve, eating shrimp and unwrapping presents. My favorite was a big gift certificate to the local yarn store - Hubster knows what I like. Deb is holding the Aran-style sweater I made for her dog - she was absolutely over the moon about it, but it didn't make a hit with Max (the dog).

Here's Max, wearing his new sweater. He stood like this for at least five minutes, unmoving, wearing a pitiful expression "What have you done to me, why am I being punished by wearing this strait-jacket?" This from a dog who normally won't stand still for an instant. At least I got a good picture. When we took it off, he rolled back and forth on the floor for a few minutes, as if he couldn't believe he was really free.

I can now post some of my Christmas knitting - I didn't want to spoil the surprise in case the kids checked my blog. I made three pairs of these cute slippers for the grand-daughters (and I plan to make a pair for myself also).

This is the Koolhaas hat, made for S1 who lives near Seattle. The pattern is named after the architect of the Seattle Public Library, and resembles the structure of the building. It was a real challenge to get all the crosses straight, especially at the top decreases, and it took quite a while to knit. I absolutely couldn't read while knitting this. But I do love a challenge and I'm rather proud of this. (It looks kind of weirdly narrow and tight, but it's really stretchy and it fit me well - I do hope it fit S1 also).

I made a few other small things but didn't take pictures, including some headbands, and little mittens that were enclosed in Christmas cards. Hard to believe Christmas comes and goes so fast, when you spend so much time preparing for it.
1 comment:
That is so funny about Max! He didn't need speech to tell you what he thought. Oh, well, I know the humans you knit for appreciate your beautiful knits!
Post a Comment