Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Visits with the Kids

This is my Indiana group - S2 Barry, with GD2 Olivia, GS2 Sam, and the matriarch of the family, me! The Colts sweatshirt is a giveaway that this is Indianapolis - everybody there seems to be Colts crazy, even the ladies in the Curves exercise studio that I used one morning. (It's a football team, in case you didn't know.) We visited the Indiana State Museum - very well done with lots of fascinating exhibits. I especially like the huge globe lit from within which showed the succession of changes which formed the continents. The picture below was taken outside the rear of the museum, showing a partial skyline of Indianapolis and a canal. Here's Sam, with his wonderful impish face. Yes, that's a little rubber ducky on his head.
And speaking of wonderful impish faces, this is the newest member of the family, six-month-old Great-grandson Lucas (I guess he's GGS1). He's sitting in the 100-year-old rocker/high chair I bought a few years ago, and he's wearing the socks I knitted for him.(they didn't stay on long).
Four generations - it doesn't seem possible.
Here's Momma and Poppa with baby Lucas (a handsome trio but a little out of focus).
I'll be getting back to the European cruise next time.

1 comment:

S1 said...

Wow Mom, what a great way to go along on your travels. I'm really enjoying taking these trips with you on your blog. (and they download ok even when using my pokey dial up!)