These two totes are really a challenge, but not because of the pattern or the felting. I knitted and felted the first tote, then knitted the second one to be a little larger. But I didn’t have enough yarn left for longer straps, so I had to take the straps off the first tote (which were longer) and use them for the larger tote, then make two smaller straps for the first tote because that was all the yarn I had (are you following me so far?). But of course trying to take felted straps off a felted bag made a big mess and I ended up cutting some yarn that wasn’t supposed to be cut, so then I had to patch that up. Then I sewed the straps backwards on the first tote and had to cut them off again. So the picture below shows a felted bag with unfelted straps, and vice versa.

I made a flower decoration for the first tote (that seems to be OK, thank goodness). Tonight I’m going to knit a flower for the second tote, and felt everything again and hope it comes out right. Oh, and I have to sew on buttons.
1 comment:
The felted bags came out very nice. I admire your persistence through the little glitches.
Post a Comment