Friday, August 1, 2008

Henley Not So Perfected

I've gotten quite far on the Henley Perfected using very delicious Debbie Bliss Alpaca/Silk. I did most of the stockinette portion of the front and back on a circular needle, then switched to DPs at the underarm. Knitting lace while decreasing for the armholes was tricky, and I had to frog several times before I got it right (the fact that I couldn't keep the lace pattern straight compounded my errors!). But as you can see from the photo, I'm well on my way to the shoulders - this is the back you're seeing. The front will be even more complicated because of the button placket.

I've been dealing with a person trying to pull a scam on me about a necklace she bought from my online Ruby Lane shop. I sold her a beautiful necklace - see below - and she claimed it was damaged when received. It was insured and I told her she could file a claim with the postal service if it had been damaged in the mail, but she said she was returning it and wanted her money back. What she sent me was in my original packaging (undamaged in the mail), and it was the worst disaster of a necklace you could imagine. Broken cord, missing rhinestones, broken clasp, etc. Obviously not my necklace, but a similar substitute she was claiming was mine. I told her this was not my necklace, and I had the photos to prove it. I told her I would not refund her money, and I sent her broken necklace back to her. That started her on an email campaign, ending with calling me a thief. She then complained to Ruby Lane, and I had to explain the situation to them, ending up with Ruby Lane refusing to take her side. I've now blocked her from my email and from my Ruby Lane shop, because it don't want to take any more of her abuse. If she had just returned my own necklace, I would have refunded her money instantly, but right now the situation stands that she has my necklace (and also her own damaged one), and I have her money - and that's the way it's going to stay. I've had almost 2000 online transactions in the past 6 years, and this is the first time someone has been so dishonest with me. I hate this kind of conflict, so I guess I should be grateful the percentage is so low.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The Henley is such a pretty color. Sorry about the bad apple, and I'm glad the situation turned out OK for you.