The Olympics have begun today, and so have the Ravelympics. I've started my Ravelympics project - see cast-on below. In case you don't know what the Ravelympics are (is anyone reading this?), it's a contest which was the brainchild of Ravelry. The idea is to pick a challenging knitting project (depending on your own individual skill level), and then begin it during or after the opening ceremonies and finish it before the Olympics torch is extinguished. My project is two knitted and felted totes (the felting will be the challenging part). I've entered in the "Bagntotebackstroke" category.

This is what it will look like when completed, except for the different color and also I hope to put a large knitted and felted flower on each tote. (Sorry this picture is so small.)

It's just stockinette and garter stitch, but there are about 120 rows per tote, plus the handles, plus the sewing, felting and flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment