Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ravelympics Finish Line Crossed

I finished the two felted totes with a day to spare to the end of the Beijing Olympics. Needless the say, the Ravelympics was not quite as exciting (but it was better than endless hours of beach volleyball almost every evening). I really prefer the individual sports - diving, racing, gymnastics - some amazing performances. I think they could have cut out about an hour of the woman's marathon - the last 1/2 mile would have been enough for me. And the interviews at the end of the races were just funny - watching the winner pant and try to catch his/her breath while answering stupid questions about how it felt to win. I wish I'd watched more during the day - I just saw the women's canoe race at 3:00 PM while I'm writing this. Now I'm watching girls doing amazing things with hoops (how do they think of these things!).

Anyway, enough of this rant - here's my winning entry. The Northampton Vermont tote bags with felted flowers. I think I'll be making more felted bags - this was really fun.

Two of my kids (plus families) have been in the East for the past three weeks, unfortunaly their visits overlapped and they didn't get to visit with each other. They each spent a couple of days with me, and here they are.

First are the California girls, D2 Diane and GD5 Maisie. SIL Greg couldn't get away for this trip.













We went down to Mystic last weekend for a craft/art show, and I found some hand-dyed alpaca yarn to buy from Cold Spring Alpaca Farm.

The following weekend the Minnesota group showed up - S3 Randy, DIL Lynda and the girls, GD3 Allyson and GD4 Emma. This picture was taken at Roger Williams Park in Providence - of course we got lost both going and coming, as usual in Providence.

Next weekend D1 Laura will be coming here from New Jersey for the Woodstock Fair. My favorites are the bunnies and the pony pull. Hubster worked for the Church's Chicken barbeque for the past 30 years, about half of them as "Head Chicken", but he gave notice last year and is happy to let others take over. It's really good chicken though, we always buy extras to freeze.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congratulations on crossing the finish line with the totes. They came out beautifully.
Looks like you had fun with all the cute kiddos.