Monday, May 12, 2008

Hubster Reunion

I got my camera back from Canon - nothing but praise for their repair service! It was back to me in a week, working perfectly again, and under warrantee with no charge. Hooray! So now I can post some new pictures and update Ravelry.

Friday afternoon, Hubster's brother paid us a visit from South Carolina. Long time no see for these two. We went out to dinner and then I left them alone and the two guys talked until the semi-wee hours. I wasn't really listening to their conversation, but a lot of it involved politics, the job market, and the state of the world today - pretty different from what women talk about when they get together. Brother is younger than Hubster, but larger, as you can see in the official commorative photo below.

Now for the exciting knitting news. This is my completed scarf, using the pattern that Pat sent me, after I admired hers at the Knitting Guild. I've gotten compliments galore on it and two people want me to make it for them (I refused gently, but offered to teach them to knit.) They might get it for Christmas, though, who knows. I love it myself and will wear it a lot. It would be excellent in a heavier yarn also. Thanks again, Pat!

This is what I currently working on, and I can't wait to finish it, because I don't like this kind of knitting. I have to concentrate on every stitch. It looks like a real mess right now, but when it's seamed and blocked, it should look like the one in the picture. The yarn is from my stash, which I've had for ages. The blue scarf above was stash yarn also, so I'm making a small dent in what is in the boxes.

But I had to buy some new yarn for the next project. It's the Sunrise Circle sweater, and the yarn I got at almost half price at Webs is so gorgeously soft and beautiful. I haven't started the sweater yet, but every so often I just squeeze the yarn and pet it a little.

The next post will be about butterflies, grass and Brimfield.




1 comment:

Kristen said...

What, he's not wearing the Cobblestone?! I wish I could go to Brimfield, but work and graduation got in the way this month.