Hubster and I live in a condo. Our back deck looks out over a small wetlands. It's lovely in every season, and and beautiful when it's snowing. Here's two photos of the back "yard". The birds hadn't arrived at the feeders yet - we did have bluejays today - the first time I've seen them this year (and for several years actually). Hubster tells me that the bluejay population in CT crashed several years ago for some unknown reason, but they seem to be coming back.


The next photo shows our not-so-lovely front yard. Our condo is the end unit, and the snow gets pushed all the way down the driveway to end up in front of us. So there's this big ugly pile of sand-covered snow all the time confronting us when we look out the windows. We have one parking space in front (which we can't use now since it is covered by the snow pile, so we have to park one car several distances away), and if we have one more snowstorm, we probably won't be able to get in our garage unit as well. The joys of winter!! Although it is really beautiful today.
I'm working at the antique shop today - I'll be leaving in about an hour. We will be open, but maybe we'll close early if no intrepid customers show up.
1 comment:
Here we had some sleety rain and a little slick accumulation which is all gone now. It's funny because I had to drive to Narragansett this a.m. and it was pretty much just rain. People who had come from northern and western RI said they had 4 or 5" of snow. Ah, New England.
Post a Comment