Monday, March 10, 2008

Flowers in Boston

A friend and I took a bus trip up to Boston on Saturday to attend the Boston Flower Show. Some of the exhibits were amazing, with waterfalls, huge rocks, tall evergreens and flowering trees, and of course, thousands of flowers blooming away, not realizing that it's still winter outside. Just to walk in the Bayside and instantly get that scent - moist soil, flowers, flowing water - hard to describe how comforting that is to a spring-starved person. I took home a souvenir - a rock planted with succulents - well, not really a rock, but it looked like one. I think it's made of poured concrete, and there's a hole in the bottom for drainage. I like my little mini-garden!











Here's my other souvenir. Some people buy tee-shirts when they travel, I buy socks.

Below is a picture of the finished sundress for GD5. I'm mailing it off to California tomorrow. I told D2 not to tell me if it doesn't fit (at least if it's too small - she'll grow into it if it's too big). GD5's birthday is March 20 - she'll be an awesome five years old. That day is plugged into my memory, not just because of her birthday, although that's certainly the best reason to remember the date. Five years ago on March 20, our troops invaded Iraq, and that has definitely not been "mission accomplished", as was so proudly proclaimed by a person whose name I refuse to use. So let's end this day's blog with something actually accomplished, something that is not bringing more chaos into this world, and something I think pretty is darn cute besides - the sundress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are cool looking plants

Kristen said...

Flower shows really make you long for gardening weather. Your granddaughter will love the pretty sundress!