Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Showing Antiques

This past weekend, my show partner and I did an antiques show in Massachusetts. The trend in antiques in the past 3-4 years has been gently downward, so we weren't expecting much from sales at this show. However, we were pleasantly surprised to do a little better than we had done at the last two shows in this location. Not great, but better. However, the not-so-good news is that the show was smaller, only about half as many dealers as in previous shows, so we got a larger share of a smaller pot. I took a couple pictures of our space.
















I spent some of the boring hours in the later afternoon knitting on my rose Kidsilk Haze lace scarf. A couple of ladies commented on how lovely it was (and I agree). It's a relatively easy Feather and Fan lace pattern, but the yarn is so thin and fuzzy that I find it hard to work with. I have to count the stitches about every four rows to make sure I still have 38, because it's so easy for me to knit two together or add one where it's not wanted. This is an older picture - I actually have about 3 feet done.

And now I'm off to work at the antiques show for the day, and I probably do a little knitting there when there are no customers needing help.






1 comment:

laurakcyr said...

Hey mom!
I really loved reading all your blog entries. It was so touching to me to see the "non-mom" side of you that I got misty! (Yes, I did)
I liked the way you expressed yourself, in your own down-to-earth voice. It's good to know that the things that interest you affect you the same way that the things that interest me affect me. Maybe I'm not too terribly weird after all.
Anyway, I'll keep reading if you keep blogging!
Love, Laura (D1)