Monday, January 21, 2008

Random Thoughts


This is the cute little size 3 vest I made to donate to Warm Woolies http://www.warmwoolies.org/. they want warm wool sweaters, vests and hats to donate to needy children. This vest is their own pattern and it worked up very quickly in bulky wool. I didn't have enough of the purple to finish so the top is a different wool, but I think it worked out nicely. I've started another one using the white wool, maybe I'll trim it with the purple.


The Cobblestone is coming along nicely - I've finished up to the underarms and have started on the sleeves, which are done separately and then attached on a big circular needle at the underarms and the yoke worked in the round. Should be interesting to work with that huge number of stitches.
In a couple of days, I have to start packing for my 2-week trip to the West Coast - more on that later. I always get nervous before any trip (what did I forget to pack? to do? is the whole trip worth it?), but I'm promising myself not to start worrying until Thursday. I have a huge permanent list of things to do/pack, and I check all of them off the day before. Just a little bit anal.

No comments: