
This blog is mostly about knitting, but I wanted to mention a word about my second passion, or I should say my other passion, because it certainly isn't second. ANTIQUES!
The photo to the right is a gorgeous knitted doily I found in a box lot of linens - that's the thrill of the hunt.
I've been an antiques dealer and collector in a small way since 1990, but have gone full speed ahead since I retired (not entirely of my own accord) in 2002. With several spaces at an Antiques Mall, an on-line shop, and the occasional set-up at a show, it keeps me almost as busy as the "real' job did. But I don't have an 80-mile a day commute anymore, and I don't have to set the alarm for 6:30 anymore. The logo at the top of my profile was captured from Antiques Journal - the brilliant John Fiske is promoting this campaign. If you haven't visited an antiques shop lately, give yourself a treat - decorate the house, find a special gift, add to or start a collection, find the perfect ring or necklace - and just think, it's all recycled!
2 comments:
You certainly have been posting quite a bit to your blog. I remember you saying that you didn't know if you would have time to post a lot. Welcome to the blogosphere! it's highly addictive.
I enjoy seeing your knitting progress on Cobblestone...........
When I do get to an antiques store, I head for the linens in hopes of discovering pretties like your doily.
Post a Comment