Saturday, January 12, 2008

Second Toe



I'm currently working on the Cobblestone sweater (like so many others - Ravelry has over 100 others with this in their projects). I'm making it for the Hubster, he was very particular about choosing just the right yarn for this; I never knew him to be so fussy. But the yarn is really lovely and nice to work with - it's Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed, in Magnolia color, which is a soft grey.


The second project is a sundress for my grand-daughter Maisie, who lives in Los Angeles. I'm going out for a visit in a couple of weeks, and plan to bring this with me, so I can try it on her. I've only done the skirt so far, and I don't know if it will be the right length, and also need to know how to fit the top. Here's what I've done so far. It's a cotton yarn with a little bit of wool in it - Cotton Fine by Brown Sheep, in color Alpine Lilac (purple is supposed to be Maisie's favorite color).

Hubster has gone to Vermont for the weekend, so I'm now going to get out the pint of Cherry Garcia that's in the fridge, and put on a Netflix movie. My treats when he's gone.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I made the Cobblestone for my dad. It's a great sweater and he loves it - not fussy, just right.

It's nice to have the place to yourself once in awhile and do whatever you want.