This was the view of Athens from the top floor of our hotel (which had a pool that I didn't get a chance to use).

The view from the other side of the top floor.

This is the best hotel in Athens, where all the diplomats stay when in town. (We didn't stay there.)

About the first thing you notice about Athens housing is the balconies. Every apartment and house has them.

Athen is also a city of contrasts - here's a modern apartment building right next to an abandoned dwelling, complete with graffiti and broken windows.

These were the only two soldiers I saw in that traditional Greek uniform (unfortunately I saw them from behind).

A commercial shopping street. The man with the pushwagon was selling icons.

Another shopping street - the crowded Plaka, where tourist stuff can be found (and where I bought a pair of earrings).

This is the lobby of our hotel, the Divani Caravel.

Here's the view from the window of our room.
3 comments:
Hi Sherill,
We look forward to following you on your journey.
Al and Maggi
Hi Sherill,
We look forward to following you on your journey.
Al and Maggi
Brings back memories... especially the shops and balconies.
Post a Comment