My whatever thoughts, usually about knitting, posted now and then, occasionally, or sometimes.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Athens Archaeological Museum
This is the entrance to the marvelous Archaeological Museum in Athens. Our group is (mostly) listening to tour leader Alexander.
I bought the Museum's booklet of exhibits, with pictures far better than mine. But following are some of my favorites. These are figurines from the Cycladic era.These are two vases made from ostrich eggs. Fabulous gold jewelry
Small bronze figurines. Small ceramic figurines. More favorites.
How awesome it must have been to see these antiquities. I'm especially intrigued by the small bronze figurines and the final handsome athlete or warrior. The bound hand is a little creepy- a prisoner? A slave?
1 comment:
How awesome it must have been to see these antiquities. I'm especially intrigued by the small bronze figurines and the final handsome athlete or warrior. The bound hand is a little creepy- a prisoner? A slave?
Post a Comment