I thought this "Hooded Vest" pattern was perfect for my 8-year-old granddaughter, but after I read all the negative comments about the directions in Ravelry, I searched for something else similar. Couldn’t find anything else I liked better, so I decided to see if I could interpret this pattern. I knew I could just do standard decreases if I couldn't handle the decreasing cables. I had to do the cables over a couple of times - the pattern called for starting on the wrong side, but it came out much better by starting on the right side. That also made the K’s and P’s reversed, but after some struggling, I really like the result. I hope the front and hood will go smoothly. I plan to make the hood smaller as some of the comments said it was too full and large.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Hoodie Struggles
I thought this "Hooded Vest" pattern was perfect for my 8-year-old granddaughter, but after I read all the negative comments about the directions in Ravelry, I searched for something else similar. Couldn’t find anything else I liked better, so I decided to see if I could interpret this pattern. I knew I could just do standard decreases if I couldn't handle the decreasing cables. I had to do the cables over a couple of times - the pattern called for starting on the wrong side, but it came out much better by starting on the right side. That also made the K’s and P’s reversed, but after some struggling, I really like the result. I hope the front and hood will go smoothly. I plan to make the hood smaller as some of the comments said it was too full and large.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment