These mittens were to be Christmas presents, but life didn't work out that way. (The picture shows the first one of each pair, unseamed). After I finally got over my "second mitten syndrome" and went to work on the second of the two pairs, things didn't go well. Since the mittens were made flat and then seamed, I couldn't try them on during the knitting and the curled stockinette edge added sizing confusion. And then I inadvertently (not paying attention!) knitted the second one of the peach pair in a larger needle size than the first one, so it came out about an inch bigger, but after seaming up the larger one, I realized it was still too small for the person it was intended for. So since I had two different size mittens, and even the biggest one of the pair was too small, they ended up in the trash. (I really hated to do that, but even a rummage sale couldn't use them.) So then on to the green pair, which I actually made both in the same size (yay!). But they still ended up too small for the intended giftee, so this pair will be going to the next rummage sale - at least some tiny person will get some wear out of them. Several lessons learned, and it was fun to knit the different colors and the ribbed cuffs.
No comments:
Post a Comment