This recreation of Danish country life in the 19th century is called the Funen Village. The homes and farm buildings, which were moved here from other locations in Denmark, show the living conditions of both small farm families and more prosperous citizens. Typical construction had both the dwelling areas and the farm buildings surrounding a central courtyard.

Barns are large and half-timbered, like the houses. Most buildings have thatched roofs.

I loved these colors. I think this is a tavern.

The round building has a large mill-stone in the center.

You can see here past the wooden gate to the courtyard behind.



This is a gardening shed with a well in the front. to the right is a vegetable garden.

I love this bright mustard yellow wall.

A beautiful painted cupboard - very typical.

Sleeping quarters for the children.

The flax room of the weaver's barn.

My great-grandparents in Sweden had a barn loom like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment