Thursday, July 8, 2010

Scandinavian Vacation Knitting

Of course I took knitting with me on the Scandinavia trip. I was a little nervous that needles wouldn't be allowed on an overseas flight, and I didn't want to use my Denise interchangeables in case they would be confiscated. So I obtained plastic circulars from wonderful Jen of our LYS Woolworks and I packed an extra pair in my checked baggage in case I had to give up the plastic ones, but not to worry - I got through Security just fine and knitted my way across the Atlantic - twice! And here is the result - I knitted about 3/4 of this top overseas, and finished it up back home. It was knitted by unraveling Flat Feet Foursome fabric, which is simply double the size of the Flat Feet fabric sold for socks. Since it comes out "curly" when it is being knitted, it looks much smoother when blocked.

This is what I have left. It was fun to watch the different colors emerge in the knitting and disappear from the Flat Feet fabric.

No comments: