Saturday, July 24, 2010

Knitting and Sunflowers

I'm throwing in some knitting content for this entry in the blog. This is a military helmet liner made of grey wool, which eventually will be going to Afghanistan or Iraq. A few months ago, our Knitting Guild had a Charity Knitting swap, and this was the project I ended up with. What with one thing and another, I didn't get to knit it right away, but unfortunately those wars keep going on and on, so it will still find it way to some soldier's head. On a lighter note, this is a field of sunflowers (actually, one of several fields) in nearby Preston. The profits from this farm's sales of sunflower bouquets go to the Make a Wish charity. I had read about it, but was really prompted to go see for myself by Blogger Audioknits. Since we got there just before lunch, we didn't treat ourselves to the ice cream, although that looked wonderful too. I've also started knitting for Christmas gifts, but since members of my family who might be the recipients sometimes check out this blog, I'm not giving any details or pictures.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sherill, Sherill, Sherill, where are your priorities??? Ice cream first, then lunch if need be!
:o)