Friday, April 24, 2009

Let's Try This Again

I had gotten a good start on a short-sleeved sweated named Alpine - finished the back and part of the left front. Actually, I did more than the pattern warranted, as I missed a couple of words in the instructions, and did the entire back in pattern stitch instead of stockinette stitch, which would have been WAY easier. The pattern stitch was supposed to go only in two panels up the front. But I've found I don't have enough yarn to finish this sweater, so I will be unraveling it and knitting into something else. I'll be trying a sweater from the newest Knitty, called Radiate. Another short-sleeved sweater, but I should have enough for this one since I won't have to use the yarn doubled.


Here's the Alpine, which is going bye-bye.


The other ongoing project is my "airplane knitting" - a lacy scarf on plastic circular needles. I'm finishing it in a hurry because I decided it should go to a sweet neighbor lady who is moving out of our condo into Assisted Living in a couple of weeks.






And I've finished one of S1's pair of socks. Yay!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, too bad after all that work. Even so, the back looked nice in the 'wrong' pattern.
Radiate caught my eye, too.

albear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
albear said...

Hi "Auntie Who!" I enjoyed seeing your knitting and the pictures from your trips. Al E