Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Debbie's Shop

I was in Washington this past week for a family party, and of course had to check out Debbie Macomber's newly opened yarn shop in her home town of Port Orchard. It's a little distance away from the center of town and the harbor area, in the same building as her office (upstairs) and a small restaurant and a couple of other businesses. Debbie, I'm giving you thumbs up - it's got a nice selection of yarns, book, magazines, needles and knitting notions.
She's even put in a comfy sofa and coffee table, with Franklin Habit's book of cartoons for those non-knitting visitors brought in by yarn shoppers.


I bought a Flat Feet sock fabric thingy, which I've wanted to try since I saw someone at the guild knitting a sock from this. I like these colors, and the socks knitted from them should be interesting, to use a word which might mean just anything.






This was my project while I was gone - a pair of socks for S1 Tod. I had cast them on and did about 6 rows at home, then got this far in the next 5 days. He's tried them on (with the needles on) and they fit just fine so far. No fancy colors or patterns for Tod, though. Just plain grey, thank you very much. But a little cable adds some interest.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having hand-knit things takes me back to Grammar School when all us kids had bulky, warm, Mommy made knit sweaters. Good stuff. Big Hugs! S1

Kristen said...

Debbie's shop looks spacious but cozy - a perfect place for a guild meeting if it were 3000 miles closer.
It's nice to have a son who appreciates your knitting.

Kristen said...

Also, the bride and groom bunnies are the cutest things!