Monday, April 20, 2009

Celebration

Last week I was in Washington for a celebration of my GD1 Laurel’s wedding to Tom (now GS-I-L1). Even though rain was predicted, it was a lovely sunny day. The party was held in a 1920s bungalow in a state park on the shore of the Hood Canal (I think), and here are some photos of the house and grounds, and the view from the porch across the water to the mountains.









The tables were decorated with roses and other flowers in vintage teapots, with vintage tablecloths and napkins. Around the teapots were family photos in silvery frames, and there were more photos and flowers on the fireplace. (I washed and ironed the table linens – my contribution to the day, plus the crocheted bunny rabbits.)
S1 Tod’s friend Candy did the decorating, and very creatively too, even a vintage bicycle with flowers in the handlebar basket on the porch. I didn’t get a picture of the food, but that was very special too, and plenty of it – we all took some home. Stephanie contributed the baking and decorating of the 3-tier carrot cake, made with special dietary ingredients (sorry, no picture of that either.) Tod made a touching speech for the champagne toast (darn – forgot to take a picture.)
Here’s the very happy couple surrounded by immediate family – Tom’s mother is second from the left.



And here's handsome S1 with me on the porch.


All in all, a beautiful and memorable day for family and friends.

1 comment:

S1 said...

I agree, it was very memorable. And S1 is indeed, quite handsome.