Monday, June 9, 2008

Not Much New

I still haven't started the Sunrise Circle Cardigan that I bought the beautiful Debbie Bliss yarn for. I think it's because I still want to have it to look forward to. In the meantime, I'm through with the knitting for the pink linen tank top. I have to sew the side and shoulder seams, and crochet an edging around the armholes and neckline. Maybe tonight while watching Antiques Roadshow. This is what it looks like so far.


Since I'm procrastinating this tank top sewing, I started a scarf for a Christmas present. My friend Beth loved this color when she saw me making afghan squares for Warm Up America with it, so I set it aside for a scarf for her. The pattern is from Debbie Macomber's knitting booklet that corresponds to her novel "A Good Yarn". It's called Vera's scarf, a character in the book.

And here's a picture of our condo lawn with the grass finally starting to come in. Hubster is out watering everywhere almost every day - luckily we've had quite a few days of rain lately so he's gotten a break. He's the condo association president so he has taken on the responsibility of grass growth maintenance. Very few of the other 23 owners have a sprinkler/hose or the desire to water their own patch of lawn - they're happy to let someone else do it. You can see a hose in the picture below, and the rhodendrons are in bloom.

I know that's why people buy condos - so they won't have to do maintenance - but a few others (like me) have small gardens and still love to get out and dig. I'm very happy today to see that my peonies popped into bloom overnight.

And finishing off with a view of the hostas I planted all down the side of our unit. Big ones, small ones, all shades of green and white. This gets shade almost all day, and the hostas love it here.




No comments: