
I've also finished the pink linen tank top. It's just the same as the natural linen one I did last year - same yarn, same pattern, but I modified the lace border at the bottom. The neck looks a little loose - if it feels wrong when I wear it a few times, I might redo the crocheted edging and make it a little tighter. But I really like this pattern, and the top looks good under an open blouse or over a turtleneck. I won't wear a sleeveless top by itself - gotta hate those arm wings. How come some women have lovely slender arms until they're 90, and other like me get wings when they're 40? And I'm not really overweight either - well, maybe 5 pounds or so.
I started another lacy scarf. This is the same pattern as the rose Rowan Silk Haze I made a few months ago. The pattern is easy - only one lace row in every four. This is a good project for traveling because it's on circular plastic needles and there's no problem taking it on a flight.
I'm going to Minnesota to see S3 and his family over the Fourth of July weekend, and this will be coming with me. I wanted to get a small head start on it so I could get the pattern memorized again before I leave. I'm taking a ball of colorful yarn, some needles, and an easy pattern for a headband, and maybe the grand-girls will knit with me. I also hope to get up to Excelsior for an hour or two to do some antiquing. Big doings in that area last weekend - the LPGA US Open was held on a golf course not too far from S3's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment