Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter in Indiana

I spent the past long weekend visiting Son2 and his family in Indianapolis. It has been about a year since I last saw them, and a year makes a big difference in those grand-children. At least GD2 (age 11) and GS2 (age 6) still remembered me! We colored Easter Eggs on Saturday morning, making a grand mess (that S2 on the right), and went to Easter service on Sunday. Daughter-in-law was unfortunately very busy helping her mother and father who were having severe health problems, so I didn't see too much of her.

I had brought several balls of yarn and crochet hooks, hoping that GD2 would like to learn to crochet. She picked up on it quite fast, and was happily crocheting along while I knitted on my rose Kidsilk scarf.

I'd love to be able to teach her new stitches and help her out when she has questions, but I probably won't visit them again for another year (maybe sooner, who knows). But maybe when she's older, she'll remember that Grammie taught her to crochet, at least a little bit, just like my grandmother taught me.

I'm saving the pictures of the completed rose scarf for the next post.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Your granddaughter will treasure the memory of your teaching her to crochet. Next visit - knitting? And hopefully grandson will want to join in too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.