Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Meme - Wait, Not Yet!

I must be a real blogger now - I've been tagged for a meme! "Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself". Well, first of all, I have to think hard about this - after all, my quirks are very important and thinking of six could be difficult. I know - I'll ask Hubster - he could think of a dozen quirks of mine in a New York minute. So that issue is solved. Now to find time to write them down and think of six other bloggers. That'll have to wait until next week. I'm working at the antique shop today, then comes the IRS and their darn taxes, then I'll be away for the weekend doing an antique show in Holliston. Even my on-line shop will be "on vacation".

Tonight is Knit Night at the LYS. I plan to go for a couple of reasons (actually three reasons). First, to knit (duh), also to interview Jen and take a few pictures of the shop for the RI Guild newsletter, then to find a copy of Ann Budd's sock book. Everyone else is knitting socks, why not me. I did knit a pair of wool argyles back in the very long past day, but none since then.

Now a couple of pictures of knitting progress.

This is the first sleeve of Hubster's Cobblestone. I had about nine inches done and he tried it on and decided the cuff was too loose. So I frogged it and started over with 14 fewer stitches, did the garter stitch cuff, and added back the 14 stitches in the first stockinette row. It actually seems to match the cuff width pretty well - amazing how that garter stitch expands horizontally.

Here's Maisie dress. The bodice is finished, only the straps to knit and sew on. Oh, and the hem to fold up and stitch. And one final photo - this is the moon eclipse, taken from my back deck about 10:00 PM. Not much of a shot, but what can you expect from a small digital camera? (Note: I did use the zoom feature!)


2 comments:

cindy said...

Missed seeing you and your Cobblestone in person at the last guild meeting.............

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat downloads[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood ways to produce an income online.