Friday, February 15, 2008

Engelbert Sings Again

Last night Hubster and I went to a performance by Engelbert Humperdinck at Mohegan Sun casino. I made a comment to someone I met in California that we had tickets to this, and she commented: "Oh, I saw him when he was young!". Well, we saw him when he is "old", and he's still got that great voice and all the right moves. It was a great show, lots of his oldies and some standards, and a few new things. He made some jokes about his appearance - his hair is pretty thin on top and he's a little bulgy at the waistline, but you forget all that when he sings. Even Hubster enjoyed himself - laughing, applauding, even whistling a time or two until I made him stop. And I even came away with $9 profit at the poker machines!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hi Sherill, Welcome back. Sounds like a fun vacation with your family.
Ah hah, Engelbert. So that is why we did not see you at the guild meeting! He must be ancient by now. ;-D I remember as a kid that the lady next door would play his records and sing along loudly.