I used three different yarns on this sweater - one row of each, repeated endlessly. Never again! One problem was that the color is dark blue, and the 5-stitch rib pattern only showed on the right side - the wrong side showed all purls, so unless I was really counting stitches, I had to keep looking over the top of my needles to make sure I was doing the ribbing correctly (yes, I did put in a few stitch markers). And the three yarns kept tangling up, especially since two of them were boucle types. But I do like the finished product - it's not even itchy as I had feared. The front has a crossover flap that widens up as you sit down - very comfortable (although the extra fabric over my tummy is not the most flattering). Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Wrap Pullover Finished
I used three different yarns on this sweater - one row of each, repeated endlessly. Never again! One problem was that the color is dark blue, and the 5-stitch rib pattern only showed on the right side - the wrong side showed all purls, so unless I was really counting stitches, I had to keep looking over the top of my needles to make sure I was doing the ribbing correctly (yes, I did put in a few stitch markers). And the three yarns kept tangling up, especially since two of them were boucle types. But I do like the finished product - it's not even itchy as I had feared. The front has a crossover flap that widens up as you sit down - very comfortable (although the extra fabric over my tummy is not the most flattering).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very pretty, and it does look comfy. I know what you mean about using multiple yarns, not my favorite either.
Post a Comment