Can you spot the mistake in the cable? It's halfway down, near the turquoise marker. It probably wouldn't be noticed except by another knitter, but it means that I have to frog half of this piece and reknit it, being extra careful this time not to screw it up again. I pinned all the pieces together and Hubster tried it on, and we both agreed that it should have more positive ease. Believe me, I'm not going to reknit the whole thing. I had the bright idea to knit a 2-inch panel and insert it in each side seam, but what makes this a brilliant idea is that I will incorporate a cable in each panel. I am loving this idea - I hope it works out the way I envision it.
1 comment:
Anne shared that tip several years ago, and I agree, though simple it is the best. It seems whenever I don't heed it, that's when I get in trouble with my knitting. Good luck with the frogging, you won't regret it! And I've done the side panel trick myself, with good results.
Post a Comment