Saturday, September 4, 2010

Woodstock Fair - Best in Show!

First things first - this was the Pearl Buck Jacket which I finished last fall. Can you see the ribbons? - on the right is a blue ribbon, and the big rosette is "BEST IN SHOW" for knitted garment. Yippee!!! I got another blue ribbon for these self-striping socks, and a third blue ribbon for another pair of socks - lacy pink ones. Here are some views of the Woodstock Fair. It's a tradition - gotta go Labor Day Weekend. A little bit of concern about the expected hurricane Thursday, but it was no big deal after all. This is the second or third year for the sand sculpture people. They keep working on their structure most of the weekend - refining and redoing different parts of it.
Always have to see the giant pumpkins. This year we also have a giant green thingie up on the board above that 800 pound pumpkin. And here's the giant cabbage.I always have to pick up one of the newly hatched chicks. A little boy next to me was excitedly watching one break out of its shell - couldn't get a picture through the incubator screen. This is my favorite bunny. And I love this little old truck. Needs a little work. I'm thinking Son #1 could restore it and then give it to me.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congratulations on the ribbons for your handknits! Best of show, WOW- and I have had the privilege of seeing your Pearl Buck in person!

We are going away this weekend but next year we'll have to make a point of going to the Woodstock Fair. That is such a funny looking rabbit!