Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Memories but no Pictures

I just bought a book online, a collection of essays by Linda Ligon. I bought it partially for the title "This is How I Go When I Go Like This", but mostly because I remember her most fondly from my weaving days. I had a lovely loom and was crazy-happy about weaving in the 1980s-1990s, and Linda was the editor of Handwoven magazine, my favorite of all magazines at that time. When I sold my loom three years ago, it was a little hard to let go (I still have an inkle loom down in the cellar for weaving someday again). And I was also left with boxes and boxes of weaving yarn - some I sold, some I gave away, and some was suitable for knitting (the basis of my current stash). I also sold all my copies of Handwoven. I remember that I loved the way Linda thought and wrote, and I'm looking forward to reading her work again. And such a great title!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

It must have been hard to get rid of your Handwoven issues. I find it easier to let go of things the older I get, and have gotten rid of many craft magazines. But I'm still holding on to my stash of Knitters, Vogue, and IK, for the time being anyway.
That is a great title!