Saturday, October 24, 2009

Red Berries

We interupt this cruise to bring you a New England moment. I planted this shrub (and now I wish I could remember the name) about 7 years ago. The first 3 or 4 years, most of it got winter-killed. However, 3 years ago, the remaining little branches started to take off. Last year I got about 3 clusters of berries, but look at it this year! Wow! The photo doesn't do it justice - the orangy-red berries just glow in the sunshine. So far the birds haven't shown any interest in it and I hope it will stay like this for most of the winter. It's a cheery spot outside my front door. And another quick note - I attended "Stitches East" yesterday at the Hartford Convention Center. It's a full weekend of classes, tons of booths offering beautiful yarns and all kinds of other yarny goodies. I attended two classes - Log Cabin Squares and Colorful Edgings, bought a couple of books, got some yarn, saw the fashion show and attended the evening dinner - a full day but lots of fun. Hubster told me this morning (he was asleep when I got home at 11:30), that it made the Hartford channel TV news.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Is it pyracantha?
Stitches was great! I'm glad we had a chance to meet up there.