Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Last Minute Stuff

We're leaving for a long-awaited vacation - cruising down the Rhine and Danube from Amsterdam to Budapest - on Friday. I'm hoping for some time to buy souvenir yarn and/or antiques, but last year they kept us pretty busy, and I had to shop on the fly.
This is my planned knitting project - a lacy mohair scarf (maybe two) on circular plastic needles which are easy to pack. A lot of knitting in a small ball and an easy feather-and-fan pattern. (This was one I made last year.)
I wanted to share this picture before I went - this is GD5 Maisie with a penguin, taken at Mystic Aquarium last weekend. She was thrilled to have these friendly birds come up to her finger underwater.
I'll be back in three weeks, and will share some photos.

1 comment:

S1 said...

Have a great trip Mom!