
And on another subject, this is the mohair scarf I knitted for Hubster's beloved Aunt Josie on my trip to Minnesota last week. Finished the last three inches when I got home. It's probably too short but I used up my entire ball of yarn - I'll give it to her with a pretty pin to hold it closed.

And thirdly, I have to relate my Internet triumph this morning. This story starts with my 40-year-old sewing maching finally biting the dust last month. I was undecided whether to buy a new one and try to get this faithful machine repaired. Then I found a yard sale with a (relatively) new Singer for sale for only $15. Worth a shot, I thought. This morning, I needed to mend something and tried the Singer for the first time. The bobbins kept jamming and I couldn't figure out how to set the various knobs and dials, and there was no manual to help me out. So I went on-line, typed in "Singer machine instructions" into Google, and got the Singer home page. It asked me for the model number, which I found on the side of the machine, and they downloaded the apppropriate manual (for free!) I followed the guidelines, set the tension buttons, and voila! - perfect stitching. Could this have been done without the Internet? Yes, but with a lot more time and effort. I love the Internet!!!! (By the way, Singer can send instruction manuals for machines back to their earliest models).
1 comment:
That is fantastic that you now have a 'new' sewing machine plus the manual to go with it. The internet does come in very handy. Happy sewing!
Post a Comment