Saturday, February 21, 2009

Completed and Ongoing Stuff

A quick blog entry to highlight some of my current projects.

First of all, the baby blanket for Baby Boy GGS is finished – finished knitting, that is – I still have to weave in some ends, wash it and block it. This photo shows it about half done.

I was knitting on it only occasionally until I found out the baby shower is March 15, so I made it a rush job (turned out I still have plenty of time). I’ll spend the day with D1 Laura in New Jersey and attend the shower. Since none of my grandchildren live anywhere near me, this is the first baby shower I can remember attending in maybe 40 years! Wait, I take that back, I went to my niece’s baby shower about 8 years ago.


The prayer shawl is coming along – it’s an easy pattern and I can pick it up whenever. I’ll be knitting on this mostly at the church group which meets once a month, and picking it up now and then in between.


I’ve also finished the cute little shrug for GD5 Maisie. Her birthday is March 20, but I’ll be seeing her in Las Vegas in about 10 days (more on that later), so I’ll wrap it up and give it to her then. A little early birthday present will be fun. Her mom says she has liked the things I made for her before, and I think she’ll like this too. I even found the perfect little button in my button stash.
The theme of our last Knitting Guild meeting was “Edgings”, so I embellished a scarf I had made from the hand-dyed, hand-spun alpaca bought last summer in Mystic. I had felt it was just a little too small, and I also had a small ball of leftover yarn, so I took a crocheted pattern from a vintage booklet on edgings and added two rows to the scarf. I think it’s perfect now (and I only have about 3 yards left)! I just love these colors.

Now I can concentrate on the Pearl Buck Jacket again. I have the back done, and have started on the left front. I love this yarn – it’s very easy to knit with and I’m loving the feel of the knitted fabric. The yarn is Queensland Collection Rustic Wool DK – it’s a superwash wool.

Now it’s 11:30 AM on Saturday, and I have to stop writing and watch Knit and Crochet Today and Knitting Daily. I rarely watch daytime TV, but I try to catch these two shows. I also love Cash in the Attic and Bargain Hunt on the BBC channel weekday mornings.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You do have a lot of show and tell! I love the colors in your scarf, and the edging is a perfect touch.