The Knitting Nook yarn shop in Coventry (Connecticut, not Rhode Island) had a yarn swap event last Saturday. For a $5. donation to charity, you could bring in your unwanted skeins and balls and pick up an equal number of other people's unwanted skeins and balls. It was first-come, first-choice, so I made sure to get there early, and I was actually first in line to choose my yarn. This is what I got - looks pretty good, doesn't it. Some of it I will re-trade at the next Guild swap, but some of it will make terrific socks, and the small rose-colored skein near the center is a lovely mohair lace-weight for another lacy Feather and Fan scarf I'm planning. It's a perfect project for airplane knitting on small plastic circular needles, for the two trips coming up in March and April.Behold the shrunken sweater. Believe me, this was not intentional felting, but it turned out that way. It still fit me, but it was so dense and warm that I felt uncomfortable in it. I was thinking of turning it into a tote bag, but realized it would really work well as a pillow on our sofa. So here is the before and after. It's a little too bright blue to really be perfect in the living room, but it's close enough. Here's the before and after.



1 comment:
What a great idea, combining yarn swapping with charity. Maybe the guild can consider something similar.
Way to make lemons into lemonade with your new pillow!
Post a Comment