Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year to All

This has been a lovely day of doing not much of anything. I don't often treat myself to lazy days, and then wouldn't you know, I jump up and start writing my blog instead of getting back on the couch with my book and my knitting. So here's the latest knitting stuff:

The Henley Perfected sweater is finished. I even had the perfect buttons in my button box. It's on the basement floor drying right now, so this picture shows it being blocked on a towel. The lace part at the sleeve edges was the most difficult, but after several froggings, I think I got it licked.








I've started a baby blanket for GGS#1 (that's Great-Grandson, expected in May). I know, I'm way too young for this, but both my daughter and I started motherhood early. I think Grandson #1 would want more boy colors in this blanket, but I already had the yarn, so that's what they get. I'll do some blue and colorful sweaters and hats later, and there's a really cute pattern for knitted toddler blue jeans in Knitty.








But other than knitting, I've been watching birds outside, and Honeymooners inside.




2 comments:

Kristen said...

It has been perfect weather for hibernating and knitting.
The Henley looks great. It is very similar in color and progress as my latest project, which is also blocking.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Nice work Mom! And ya gotta love those Honeymooners! I watch them whenever I get the chance.
Love, S1